All you need to know…
- If you are here for teen camp or preteen camp photos, the many posts are scattered below.
- If you are here for the weekly podcast, then click right here for the whole collection: The Living Youth Podcast.
- If you’re here to discover what else is out here (other videos, posts, links to other things), well then explore away! Recent posts are dominated by camp photos, but keep looking.
- If you’d like to give feedback about the podcast or even suggest topics or questions (or, really, mention anything about this site, in general), you contact us at [email protected], which we are told works great now! (Thanks, I.T.!)
- If you’re here for help with your math homework, we’d love to provide, but you probably need to look elsewhere…
On the podcast this week, we address a question from one of our young adult listeners. As the world turns increasingly twisted, there are growing pressures on Christians in the workforce to compromise their values. This listener asks us what choices a young person can make to help prepare for that. We take on the question, along with our special guest, Mr. Jonathan McNair, Director of Living Education for the Living Church of God.
The YouTube and Spotify Links are below.
(And not only will this be the last podcast until after the Feast of Tabernacles is over, but it may also be the last post of any sort here on the Living Youth website until after the Feast, as well. but we do have more in the works! We are looking forward to posting Christian Living classes from this past year’s teen camp, new videos, new essays from new writers, new podcasts, and other goodies we find here and there. So, until then, have a wonderful Feast of Tabernacles and Last Great Day!)
Note: For some reason, this Spotify episode is not embedding well. However, following this link should take you there just fine. If it doesn’t, let us know and we’ll try to fix it. If the embedding gets better, we’ll come back, refresh all of this, and you’ll never know there was any problem at all… 🙂
P.S. The built-in Spotify embed tool is still wonky, but this workaround seems to do the trick. Hopefully you see the embed below.
The Feast of Trumpets, picturing the events preceding the return of Jesus Christ, is only days away. The days pictured by this Holy Day are extreme, and it’s worth taking the time to think about why they need to be that way. So, let’s talk about it. The Spotify and YouTube links are below.
After recording our last podcast, I was prompted to watch the full version of a short clip of a speech Queen Elizabeth gave on the occasion of her 21st birthday. In it, she comments on the “great joy” of being a young adult, having grown up in “terrible and glorious” years, and entering the time when one can begin to take some of the burden off of those who have gone before. It is a remarkable speech, and I hope it resonates with all of you.
It is quaintly raw, with pauses for the camera to be repositioned or focused or for a redo. But at less than 8 minutes, we believe it is worth your time, listening to Queen Elizabeth when she was closer to your age—the exact same age as many of you, in fact—and hearing the advice she has to give.