One hundred and seventy campers, ages thirteen to eighteen, were surveyed at the Lone Star Camp in Texas. Here are listed the “Top 10 Reasons to Come to Camp” (plus 10 more) in 2017. They are listed in descending order – number one being the main reason noted.
Top 10 Reasons Campers Applied to Summer Camp in 2017
- To learn more about God and the Church. To grow closer to God/to strengthen my relationship with God/to hear messages specifically for us. To hear the Christian Living Classes/Evening Reflection messages.
- Spend time with friends/fellowship/to be with God’s people/strengthen friendships.
- To make new friends. To meet people who have similar beliefs/to meet other teenagers.
- The awesome activities. Play sports – especially “team sports”/wanted to learn sports/to do activities I don’t normally get to do/to build character through sports.
- To learn new skills. To try new things/to develop my personality and improve my skills/explore new things/help me break out my shell/to better myself/get out of my comfort zone.
- To be out of the world for a moment – to be in a godly environment.
- To have fun – the right way/because it’s fun!
- The food! The food is always great!
- To be more active/to get in shape/to push myself physically/to lose weight/to do more stuff than I usually do.
- Because camp is AWESOME! I love camp!
Ten More Reasons Campers Applied to Come to Camp in 2017
- Mom said it was a good idea/my sister said it was fun/my cousins told me how fun camp is/mom thought I should go/my parents said camp was great/my parent’s stories.
- My friends said camp was great/I’ve heard only good things.
- To serve and help others.
- To set a good example/to be a light.
- To learn how to get along with others.
- To become braver.
- I wanted to get more involved in the Church.
- To perform music in front of an audience.
- I wanted to mature.
- People at Church asked me if I wanted to go.