One hundred and seventy campers, ages thirteen to eighteen, were surveyed at the Lone Star Camp in Texas. Here are listed the “Top 10 Reasons to Come to Camp” (plus 10 more) in 2017. They are listed in descending order – number one being the main reason noted.
Top 10 Reasons Campers Applied to Summer Camp in 2017
- To learn more about God and the Church. To grow closer to God/to strengthen my relationship with God/to hear messages specifically for us. To hear the Christian Living Classes/Evening Reflection messages.
- Spend time with friends/fellowship/to be with God’s people/strengthen friendships.
- To make new friends. To meet people who have similar beliefs/to meet other teenagers.
- The awesome activities. Play sports – especially “team sports”/wanted to learn sports/to do activities I don’t normally get to do/to build character through sports.
- To learn new skills. To try new things/to develop my personality and improve my skills/explore new things/help me break out my shell/to better myself/get out of my comfort zone.
- To be out of the world for a moment – to be in a godly environment.
- To have fun – the right way/because it’s fun!
- The food! The food is always great!
- To be more active/to get in shape/to push myself physically/to lose weight/to do more stuff than I usually do.
- Because camp is AWESOME! I love camp!
Ten More Reasons Campers Applied to Come to Camp in 2017
- Mom said it was a good idea/my sister said it was fun/my cousins told me how fun camp is/mom thought I should go/my parents said camp was great/my parent’s stories.
- My friends said camp was great/I’ve heard only good things.
- To serve and help others.
- To set a good example/to be a light.
- To learn how to get along with others.
- To become braver.
- I wanted to get more involved in the Church.
- To perform music in front of an audience.
- I wanted to mature.
- People at Church asked me if I wanted to go.
Join us throughout the 2017 Texas teen camp for live streaming of the Christian Living classes. Christian Living classes begin each day at 9 am Central Time and will last for around an hour.
To view the live stream, visit http://www.livestream.com/livingyouth. You will need the LYP Livestream password – which is the same as the password that is used for Mr. Monson’s Friday Evening studies. If you don’t have it, you can retrieve the password by logging into MyLCG or contacting email@example.com. We look forward to you joining us!
We’ll also be posting photo content throughout the camp on the Living Youth Programs Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Living.Youth.Programs.
Campers attending Teen Camp in Texas might want to know that the bunk bed mattresses in their dormitories are 30 inches wide, so they can plan appropriately for the bedding to bring.
Many of you have been asking what the themes will be for various events at the Texas Teen Camp in Athens, Texas, so that you can bring the appropriate attire. Please prepare for the themes listed below.
- Overall Camp Theme: Christian Living Classes will follow this theme: Hebrews 12:1-4 “… Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”
- Topics and Dance: Nautical Theme (Anchor of truth, etc.). Bring your best nautical attire for this event.
- First Saturday Night Dance: Country and Western: country-western attire, hats, boots, jeans, etc.
- Final Banquet and Dance: Theme: “Go for the Gold!” Bring your best formal attire (gold color for decorations, gold-colored dresses, etc.).
—Sheldon Monson, Camp Director
Schedules for the LYP Camp in Texas are available at 2017 Teen Camp Document Collection. For privacy reasons, the documents are protected by a password. The password is the same as that used for the LYP Friday Evening Bible Studies. If you don’t know what that password is, you can retrieve the password by signing in to MyLCG, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.