The LYP SA Adventure Camp 2017 kicked off on Friday afternoon, 17 March, with a total of 25 people in attendance at the Buffalo Gorge Campsite just outside Pretoria, South Africa. We started the camp with a fast on the Sabbath of 18 March and enjoyed Sabbath services in the “bush” and a Bible study.
The accommodation consisted of tents. Hot water for the showers had to be boiled in a donkey geyser (wood fired water heater). It was a good change from everyday life with all its luxuries.
Campers participated in a 20m abseil, rock climbing, horse riding, swimming, a 12km hike, tree and bird identification, table tennis, paintball, evening board games and plenty of fellowship. Many of the activities was a first for some and great memories and friendships were built during the four days of camp.
from Instagram: http://ift.tt/2nUyuqZ
from Instagram: http://ift.tt/2nCq5G5
from Instagram: http://ift.tt/2nUImAR
Camp Dates 2017
Texas: July 10 – July 23
Adventure Camp: Aug 1 - Aug 10
UK/Europe: Aug 4 - Aug 13
North Carolina: June 11 – June 16
Missouri: July 2 – July 7
Texas: July 24 – July 30
Camp registration for all U.S. Camps began on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
All New Content
- Protected: Bible Study: Introduction to the Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ (Part 2)December 18, 2017 - 9:40 am
- Protected: Bible Study: Introduction to the Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ (Part 1)December 11, 2017 - 9:38 am
- Protected: Bible Study: Mystery of the Kingdom of God (Part 2)December 4, 2017 - 2:11 pm
- Protected: Bible Study: The Mystery of the Kingdom of God (Part 1)November 27, 2017 - 9:59 am
- Tech Leaders Without Vision December 14, 2017
- Where Will Gender Confusion End? December 14, 2017
- Separating Dreams from Reality—Jerusalem, World Capital? December 14, 2017
- Iceland’s Healthier Teens December 7, 2017