All those planning to attend the Adventure Camp at Mount Rainier need to bring a backpack in addition to a small daypack. Please bring both.
All those planning to attend the Adventure Camp at Mount Rainier, please add a small daypack to your packing list.
Ascending to 14, 410 feet above sea level, Mount Rainier stands as an icon in the Washington landscape. As a stratovolcano, Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous U.S.A. spawning six major rivers. Towering over the heart of the Cascade Range, this mighty mountain is viewable from nearly every corner of the state. The park encompasses 236,381 acres including more than 300 lakes and more than 100 waterfalls! From deep old-growth forests in low valley bottoms to the frosty summit of the peak you will experience an array of terrain ranging. Here you will find wildflower meadows that John Muir called the most superb subalpine gardens that he’d ever encountered. After spending 5 days in the backcountry we’ll raft the White Salmon River which offers some of the best class III-IV rapids in the west (including rapids like S-turn, Top-Drop, The Flume, Bomber’s Drop and more)! The water is gin-clear and the rapids are big and numerous. This is an Adventure Trip you will not want to miss!
Camp Directors for summer camp programs in the United States for 2017 are:
Texas Teen Camp 2017 – Sheldon Monson
Adventure Camp 2017 – United States – Sheldon Monson
Missouri Preteen Camp 2017 – Gene Hilgenberg
North Carolina Preteen Camp 2017 – Mark Sandor
Texas Preteen Camp 2017 – Jason Fritts
We would like to thank Mr. Bob Rodzaj for his willingness to serve as the Texas Preteen Camp director for the past two summers. His service has been appreciated.
–Sheldon Monson (Youth Director/Living Church of God)
PHOTO CONTEST RULES – ADVENTURE CAMP 2016 – BANFF NATIONAL PARK, ALBERTA, CANADA
- The Adventure Camp photo contest is open to all campers who attended this camp. Members of the staff may submit their photos for publication in the 2016 Yearbook, camp newspaper, and/or the Youth Website.
- Campers may submit their top 10 photos for consideration. Please send your top 10 pictures to Josh Penman and John Robinson @ firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- You may submit an additional 10 photos for use on the Youth Website – however these photos will not be entered into the contest. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- All photos should be titled/named (i.e. Moraine Lake, Lake Louise, Baker Lake, Red Deer Lakes Campground, Wildflower Creek Campground, Bader Pass, Luellen Lake Campground, Johnston Creek Campground, Larry’s Camp. The Ink Pots, Johnson Canyon Falls, Johnston Creek, etc.) If people are in the picture please list them left to right, etc. If a big group photo is taken list it as Matt Kidney’s group, Sheldon Monson’s group, Joshua Penman’s group, or Peter Schexnayder’s group, etc. If you’d like to name a picture as “The Big Rock” or whatever else you come up with that is fine too. The more details the better.
- Please submit all photos as an email attachment.
- Photo must be submitted by Wednesday, July 27th before midnight EST.
- Winners will receive a gift certificate to a sporting goods store – REI in the amount of $100. There will be one boy and one girl winner!
We look forward to receiving your photos! They will be judged at the Teen Camp and prizes will be awarded then!
Camp Dates 2017
Texas: July 10 – July 23
Adventure Camp: Aug 1 - Aug 10
UK/Europe: Aug 4 - Aug 13
North Carolina: June 11 – June 16
Missouri: July 2 – July 7
Texas: July 24 – July 30
Camp registration for all U.S. Camps began on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
All New Content
- Bubonic Plague in Arizona August 17, 2017
- Watch the German Election! August 17, 2017
- The Great Eclipse and the Forgotten Knowledge of Genesis 1:14 August 15, 2017
- Opportunities! August 15, 2017