Join us throughout the 2017 Texas teen camp for live streaming of the Christian Living classes. Christian Living classes begin each day at 9 am Central Time and will last for around an hour.
To view the live stream, visit http://www.livestream.com/livingyouth. You will need the LYP Livestream password – which is the same as the password that is used for Mr. Monson’s Friday Evening studies. If you don’t have it, you can retrieve the password by logging into MyLCG or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to you joining us!
We’ll also be posting photo content throughout the camp on the Living Youth Programs Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Living.Youth.Programs.
All those planning to attend the Adventure Camp at Mount Rainier need to bring a backpack in addition to a small daypack. Please bring both.
Campers attending Teen Camp in Texas might want to know that the bunk bed mattresses in their dormitories are 30 inches wide, so they can plan appropriately for the bedding to bring.
All those planning to attend the Adventure Camp at Mount Rainier, please add a small daypack to your packing list.
Last week, 114 campers and staff at the North Carolina Preteen Camp enjoyed the first North American camp of 2017. Each day began with Christian Living classes that focused on the theme for this year: the Book of Exodus. They learned about the Ten Commandments as well as the ten plagues and the crossing of the Red Sea. Activities supported this theme, as the children learned songs about the Exodus in music class and reviewed the Commandments in arts and crafts. In addition, the campers enjoyed archery, ultimate frisbee, flag football, photography, orienteering, swimming, and paddle-boarding. It was a great start to the camp season. A special thanks both to those who served this year and to all who prayed for the success of the camp!—Mark Sandor
Many of you have been asking what the themes will be for various events at the Texas Teen Camp in Athens, Texas, so that you can bring the appropriate attire. Please prepare for the themes listed below.
- Overall Camp Theme: Christian Living Classes will follow this theme: Hebrews 12:1-4 “… Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”
- Topics and Dance: Nautical Theme (Anchor of truth, etc.). Bring your best nautical attire for this event.
- First Saturday Night Dance: Country and Western: country-western attire, hats, boots, jeans, etc.
- Final Banquet and Dance: Theme: “Go for the Gold!” Bring your best formal attire (gold color for decorations, gold-colored dresses, etc.).
—Sheldon Monson, Camp Director
Camp Dates 2017
Texas: July 10 – July 23
Adventure Camp: Aug 1 - Aug 10
UK/Europe: Aug 4 - Aug 13
North Carolina: June 11 – June 16
Missouri: July 2 – July 7
Texas: July 24 – July 30
Camp registration for all U.S. Camps began on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
All New Content
- Bubonic Plague in Arizona August 17, 2017
- Watch the German Election! August 17, 2017
- The Great Eclipse and the Forgotten Knowledge of Genesis 1:14 August 15, 2017
- Opportunities! August 15, 2017